How to Bounce Back Quicker from a Layoff

Home Forums General Post Comments/Discussions How to Bounce Back Quicker from a Layoff

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  YeahItSucks 1 day, 3 hours ago.

• Author

YeahItSucks

We all know you have a choice in how you react to a layoff. You can commiserate with others and feel sorry for yourself or you can work to bounce back
    [See the full post at: How to Bounce Back Quicker from a Layoff]

• #10023 Score: 1 | Reply

TexasEx

These tips are great! I think the hardest for me was keeping regular hours. I’m a night owl. One way for me to combat that was to schedule volunteer work or some sort of FREE class (they’re there – but you have to look for them) around 9AM. That at least got me moving.

I have another friend who moved in with someone else because he found living in his home in the mountains, which worked well until the lay off, was isolating and made him feel depressed. Now he rents that home out for extra cash. I thought that was pretty ingenious. The point is, what can you do to keep your spirts up and your progress moving forward. Good luck with your search. I’ve been in more than I like to admit.

• #10031 Score: 0 | Reply

YeahItSucks

Those are some great additional tips, @TexasEx! You’re a trooper if you scheduled a class at 9am when you didn’t have to be anywhere and you’re a night owl! :-O And I agree that was ingenious of your friend that moved out of the mountains…it’s easy to isolate oneself and that won’t necessarily help matters. That was a good move on his part and is some food for thought for those that live alone (even if it’s not in the mountains!)

Reply To: How to Bounce Back Quicker from a Layoff
Your information: